Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weekends are for Parties

Seems like this whole month is going to be weekend party after weekend party... 3 weekends back we threw a party for our the kids I teach in church, next weekend Melisa is throwing one for all the people we go to church with... but the two middle weekends were taken up with Jett and Amelia's respective friend birthday parties!
Jett chose a "Cars" or "Lightning McQueen" theme for his and had a few friends over to play a bunch of different games like tractor tipping, pin the wheels on the race car, color your own car, and of course
Racing.... I think they liked picking out their own characters to race on some of the tracks. 

The obligatory birthday cake. 

and the blowout. 

Amelia on the other hand went with a Pokemon theme - she's a little bit addicted to it (we think it owes its start trying to impress a friend of hers and she caught the bug.)  I did the balloons. 

and even though Melisa wasnt too happy with her cake - Amelia, Jett and I were impressed. 

They had all sorts of games - to train their pokemons - from the pokemon hunt, to pin the tail on the pikachu, to freeze dance to the theme song, to pokebingo, and more... 

and as always Amelia makes quite a list of people to invite - I regret not getting a picture of them all. 


My favorite part is the climatic end with the pinata - our house becomes a toddler mosh pit. 
Great parties - happy that so many people could celebrate with us.  Big thanks to Melisa's mom for spending time out here with us to help out and celebrate.


1 comment:

Islander said...

Looks like two lucky kiddos had really fun parties. Love the pics.
Wish we could have helped celebrate with both of them too.