Monday, March 05, 2012

The Tower at the University of Texas

After Jett's last soccer game Amelia and I went down to the UT open house to go explore the campus. Since this was our second year going - I had the distinct goal in mind of finally going up to the top of the tower. Before we got to go up though we checked out lots of science exhibits, made some cotton candy, made some ice cream with liquid nitrogen, and took some pictures with the cannon guys.
Then it was our turn to go up the tower. They dont open it up very often because of the history there - there is lots of security - a metal detector and police who escort you up and stay up there during your visit - but we got to go up.
It was a perfectly clear day despite the photo - I borrowed that from somewhere else on line. You had good 360 degree views of the city. Amelia was entertained for about ten minutes and her highlight was when the clock struck at the hour.
I spent some time looking for old bullet marks - and this is Amelia in the corner where the shooter was caught at last.

No comments: