Saturday, September 01, 2007

My Fender Follies

A while back I posted a picture of my fender rhodes piano that I found on ebay and that I was stoked to get - even though I dont play piano. Lets revisit that. Around the same time that ebay auction was going on I happened across a surplus auction from adirondack community college in way upstate New York. They were unloading six of these that had been in there music department storage. I tried talking to the school to get an idea on the condition of them but they told me I would have to see them in person and that I could if I felt like it place a bid sight unseen. I ended up sending in some interesting bids (much lower than I anticipated in being successful) and won 4 of these beauties.

Here is my new music room. (the new four fit in there)


and the lonely original in the stairway alcove.

8 comments:

Chris said...

Are they in good shape? I'll take one.

Islander said...

They look really nice. Hope they all work as good as they look. You need to start a band or at least get Amelia in lessons.

Also, it was nice to see that the "ant" still has a prominent place in the music room.

dad and mom

Forrest said...

Abbie wants one too.

m. said...

let us know if you decide to sell them!

Jeff said...

That is too cool and super funny... I sold a Wurlitzer 200A on ebay for my brother. Maybe should have kept it - but didn't know I would go for 900 bucks!!! I would be interested in one if you unload. My "rhodes dream" is a Hammond Organ but I don't play either.

sarah said...

i want one, too!!

are you going to start taking piano lessons?

Stephanie said...

Does this mean your going to have 5 kids?

Have you ever heard of the 5 Browns? http://www.the5browns.com/home
5 siblings that all play the piano together.

The pianos look good!

Jeff said...

I got an organ - wanna trade?